From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Heraldry of the World
Luxembourg heraldry portal
Héraldique de Luxembourg
Luxemburgische Wappen


Official blazon
English blazon wanted


The arms were granted on July 26, 1982.

The shield is divided in three parts, one for each of the villages in the municipality.
The upper part shows a cross, derived from the arms of the Lords of Larochette, who held the estate and village of Contern from 1534-1731.
The bars are derived from the arms of the Grandpré family, Lords of Roussy, who also owned Moutfort, Medingen and Pleitrange, the first two are now part of the Contern municipality. The bars are shown as waves to symbolise the Syre river that flows through the area.
The lower half shows a shell, derived from the arms of the Metternich family, owners of the estate of Oetrange.

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the siteLiterature: Loutsch, J-C. et al.; Armorial communal du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg, Fisch, Luxembourg, 1989, 331 p.