Dębno

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Coat of arms (crest) of Dębno
DĘBNO

Country : Poland
Poland.jpg




Province : Pomorze Zachodnie
Pomorzea.jpg




County : Myślibórz
Mysliborz.dis.gif




Former name :
Neudamm

Loading map...
Official blazon
Polish blazon wanted
English blazon wanted

Origin/meaning

The city of Neudamm (now Dębno) was founded as a summer house in 1540 by Katharina von Braunschweig-Wolfenbüttel (1518–1574). The area had been a gift from her husband Markgraf Johann von Brandenburg-Küstrin and she had the area further developed. Neudamm received city rights in 1562 and it remained one of her favourite residences.

The lion in the arms is derived from the arms of the House of Braunschweig-Wolfenbüttel (two golden leopards on red) and has been used since the granting of the city rights, but no formal grant is known. The 16th century seal of the city does already show the lion.

The current arms with a mural crown were officiially approved in 1966.

Image gallery

Literature:

Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Heraldyka Świata
Poland.jpg
Polish heraldry portal
Heraldyka polska
Herbarz Miast Polskich
Poland-flag.gif

Contact and Support

Partners:

Your logo here ?
Contact us



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site