From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Heraldry of the World
Luxembourg heraldry portal
Héraldique de Luxembourg
Luxemburgische Wappen


Armoiries de Diekirch
Official blazon
English blazon wanted


The arms were granted on June 14, 1988.

The arms are based on the 14th century seal and arms of the city. This seal showed already a shield with a lion on a castle, the whole on a field with 13 bars. During the centuries the composition remained the same, but different colours have been used, the lion has been crowned or shown without crown, and several other minor variations existed. So in 1988 the arms were formally described.

Wappen von Diekirch/Coat of arms (crest) of Diekirch

The arms in the Wappen-Sammlung (1900)
Wapen van/Blason de Diekirch

The arms in the Coffee Hag albums +/- 1930
Coat of arms (crest) of Diekirch

The arms on a monument in Luxembourg city (2010)

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature: Loutsch, J-C. et al.; Armorial communal du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg, Fisch, Luxembourg, 1989, 331 p.