From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Heraldry of the World
Luxembourg heraldry portal
Héraldique de Luxembourg
Luxemburgische Wappen


Armoiries de Esch-sur-Sûre
Official blazon
English blazon wanted


The arms were granted on November 17, 1988.

The estate and village of Esch-sur-Sûre was from medieval times until 1793 the possession of the Lords of Esch, later to become the Counts of Esch(-sur-Sûre). The medieval arms of the family were 10 silver and red bars. In the 17th century the estate was inherited by the Bost family, who used as arms a boar standing behind a tree. As Lords of Esch they combined their arms with the historical barred arms.

The above arms are a slight variation of the arms of the family, as in the family arms only the front part of the boar was seen, and the trunk of the tree was brown.

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature : Loutsch, J-C. et al.; Armorial communal du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg, Fisch, Luxembourg, 1989, 331 p.