The arms were granted on August 13, 1975.
The arms combine the eagle of the old arms (see below) with the diamonds of the right lower half of the arms of the former district of Nürtingen. The horn on the eagle is also taken from the arms of Nürtingen.
The old arms were granted on October 1st, 1951.
The deer antler in the chief is taken from the arms of Württemberg, in which the county is situated. The colours are not the colours of the arms, but of the flag of Württemberg. The eagle is taken from the arms of the city of Esslingen am Neckar. The three small shields on the eagle represent the three parts of the district, the Schurwald, Filder and Neckartal.
The arms on an cover
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Selected collector's items from Germany:
Contact and Support
Your logo here ?
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site
Literature: Stadler,1964-1971, volume 1; Bardua, 1987