Flörsheim am Main

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Hessen
District (Kreis) : Main-Taunus Kreis
Additions: 1972 Weilbach, Wicker

Wappen von Flörsheim am Main/Arms (crest) of Flörsheim am Main
Official blazon
German blazon wanted
English blazon wanted


The arms were granted in 1951.

The oldest seal dates from the 15th century and shows St. Martin and the beggar, the patron saint of the State of Mainz. Later seals show a bishop on a throne, most likely the bishop of Mainz, as the town belonged to Mainz. In the 18th century a steering wheel was used as a village symbol on border stones and the like. In 1816 a ship was used as a symbol for the sailing on the Main river. The ship was transformed in a large 17th century (sea-)ship in the beginning of the 20th century and the three letters F were added. The letters stand for Flörsheimer-Fayence-Fabrik, a factory opened in 1765.

Siegel von Flörsheim am Main

The municipal stamp shown in 1892
Wappen von Flörsheim am Main/Coat of arms (crest) of Flörsheim am Main

The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Wappen von Flörsheim am Main/Coat of arms (crest) of Flörsheim am Main

Postal cancellation 1961

Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site