From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Brandenburg
District (Kreis) : Barnim
Amt : Amt Joachimsthal (Schorfheide)
Additions: 2002 Parlow-Glambeck

Wappen von Friedrichswalde/Coat of arms (crest) of Friedrichswalde
Official blazon
German Von Gold und Schwarz geteilt, oben ein durchgehender schwarzer Flechtzaun, unten ein linksgewendeter goldener Holzschuh.
English blazon wanted


The arms were officially granted on November 12, 1997.

The arms reflect the history of the village. To protect the sheep in the area a large wooden fence was erected in the 16th century. Around this fence several villages developed, among these a village which was destroyed in ththe mid 17th century. Friedrichswalde was founded on the remains of this village in 1748 and named after King Friedrich II of Prussia. The new settlers can from the Pfalz region and introduced the craft of wooden shoe making to the area, for which the village is still famous. The arms thus show a fence and a wooden shoe in the colours of the Pfalz region.


This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site