From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Rheinland-Pfalz
District (Kreis) : Rhein-Pfalz-Kreis
Verbandsgemeinde : Verbandsgemeinde Maxdorf

Wappen von Fussgönheim/Arms (crest) of Fussgönheim
Official blazon
German blazon wanted
English blazon wanted


The arms were officially granted in 1927 and show in the lower half a fox. The fox is a canting symbol for the old name of the village, Fuchsbach (fox-stream). The wheel is derived from the arms of the Lords of Bolanden, who ruled the village until around 1200. The eagle is derived from the arms of the Counts of Leiningen, who ruled the village from the 14th century until 1729.

The only known seal of the town dates from the 17th century and shows a canting foot (Fuss).

Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site