Gołdap

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

GOŁDAP

Province: Podlaskie
County: Gołdap

Arms (crest) of Gołdap
Official blazon
Polish blazon wanted
English blazon wanted

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially granted on May 14, 1570 by Margrave Albrecht Friedrich von Brandenburg, and have since only been slightly modified.The red eagle is the eagle of Brandenburg, the quartered shield the arms of the Hohenzollern dynasty, to which the margrave belonged.

The S is probably a wrong interpretation of the Gothic letter F, one of the initials of the Margrave.The arms above are those as used by the city, but during the years there have been many variations of the arms, with different colours, letters and or with the eagle facing left, instead of facing right as used as present.

Seal of Gołdap

Seal from around 1900
Arms (crest) of Gołdap

The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1915
Arms (crest) of Gołdap

The arms as shown in 1963
Arms (crest) of Gołdap

The arms as shown in 1994

Literature:

Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Heraldyka Świata
Poland.jpg
Polish heraldry portal
Heraldyka polska
Herbarz Miast Polskich
Poland-flag.gif

Contact and Support

Partners:

Your logo here ?
Contact us



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site