Homburg (kreis)

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Saarland
Incorporated into 1974 Saarpfalz Kreis

Wappen von Homburg (kreis)/Arms (crest) of Homburg (kreis)
Official blazon
German blazon wanted
English blazon wanted


The arms were granted on July 14, 1961.

The arms are a combination of four arms of former rulers in the area. The first quarter shows the arms of the Counts of Homburg, who were the most influential in the county from 1100-1450. The second quarter shows the arms of the Counts of Zweibrücken, who had some important rights until 1394. The third quarter represents the Hornbach Abbey, which owned much of the land. The fourth quarter shows the eagle from the arms of the Counts of Saarwerder, another part of the county.

Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site