From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Rheinland-Pfalz
District (Kreis) : Neuwied
Incorporated into : 1969 Neuwied

Wappen von Irlich/Arms (crest) of Irlich
Official blazon
German blazon wanted
English blazon wanted


The arms were granted in 1948.

The lion is the lion of the Counts of Sayn, as a large part of the municipality was part of the Sayn County. The hammers are derived from the arms of the Margraves of Hammerstein, who owned a small estate with the same name until 1405, which then became part of Sayn County. The composition already appears on the oldest known seals of the town, dating from 1525.

Hupp showed the arms in the 1920s in a slightly different composition, with the hammers and the arms of the Counts of Isenburg, see below.

Wappen von Irlich/Coat of arms (crest) of Irlich

The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes; Hupp, O: Kaffee Hag albums, 1920s