Kehlen (Luxembourg)

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Heraldry of the World
Luxembourg heraldry portal
Héraldique de Luxembourg
Luxemburgische Wappen


Armoiries de Kehlen (Luxembourg)
Official blazon
English blazon wanted


The arms were granted on November 21, 1983.

Kehlen was until 1793 a possession of Luxembourg and the local authority was placed in hands of the Prevost of Luxembourg. The arms therof where the arms of Luxembourg, with on both sides of the lion a small castle. The background of the arms is taken from the arms of Luxembourg.

The lion is not the lion of Luxembourg, but the lion of the d'Ansembourg family, who ruled over Keispelt and Meispelt, two villages in the municipality. The crosier, finally, represents the abbey of St. Maximin de Treves, that owned part of the area and founded a religious center in the municipality.

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature : Loutsch, J-C. et al.; Armorial communal du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg, Fisch, Luxembourg, 1989, 331 p.