Landsberg am Lech (kreis)

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Bayern
Additions : 1972 Landsberg am Lech (city) + 14 municipalities from neighbouring districts

Wappen von Landsberg am Lech (kreis)/Arms (crest) of Landsberg am Lech (kreis)
Official blazon
German blazon wanted
English blazon wanted


The arms were granted on October 9, 1953 and confirmed on October 3, 1972.

The arms combine in the lower part the eagle of the Counts of Diessen-Andech and the lion of the Welfen dynasty. The first owned large areas in the eastern part of the district, whereas the latter had possessions around Lechrain. The colours are not original, they are the colours of the arms of the Bishops of Augsburg, as the district belonged to the diocese of Augsburg.

The upper part shows the arms of Bayern and the Wittelsbach family, who acquired the district from the two other families in the course of the 13th century.

Wappen von Landsberg am Lech (kreis)/Coat of arms (crest) of Landsberg am Lech (kreis)

Postal cancellation 1991

Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site