|In Blau der goldene Innenrand eines gemauerten Brunnens, darin über silbernen Wellen ein an silbernem Bügel schwebender roter Schöpfeimer.
The arms were officially granted on June 3, 1948.
The municipality did not have any arms until 1948. Until the late 1930s the village used a seal with simply the letter L. In 1938 C.F. Holder, owner of a large factory in the village, wanted to design proper arms for the village, but due to the Second World War this never happened.
After the war the village used the three deer antlers of Württemberg in its seal. In October 1947 the local council decided to apply again for arms, based on the idea of Holder in 1937. The main symbol was to be the large local well, the Roßbrunnen (now a monument). Three designs were made, all with the well, and with or without symbols for Württemberg. The council accepted the most simple design, which was granted in 1948.
The Roßbrunnen (image from Facebook)
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Selected collector's items from Germany:
Contact and Support
Your logo here ?
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site
Literature: Schepper, 1991