|In Blau an schrägem rotem Fahnenstock mit goldener Spitze die goldene Reichssturmfahne, darin ein rot bewehrter und rot bezungter schwarzer Adler.
The city developed around the hunting castle Schloss Ludwigsburg from 1704 onwards, and received city rights in 1718. The new city choose to use the Imperial Banner in its arms. The banner was used by the Dukes of Schwaben since 1495. It was a symbol for several imperial rights the Dukes possessed. Why the banner was chosen is not known.
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
The arms in the Wappen-Sammlung (1900)
The arms in the Abadie albums
The arms on a 1960s matchox label
The arms as used in the 1970s
The arms of the city and the partner cities :
Neutitschein, Fulnek, Odrau and Wagstadt
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Selected collector's items from Germany:
Contact and Support
Your logo here ?
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site
Literature: Stadler, K., 1964-1971; Bardua, 1987