From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Heraldry of the World
Luxembourg heraldry portal
Héraldique de Luxembourg
Luxemburgische Wappen


Armoiries de Medernach
Official blazon
English blazon wanted


The arms were granted on January 16, 1987.

The whole area belonged to the Estate of Moestroff prior to 1793. The oldest arms of the Lords of Moesdorff are not known. The oldest known arms of a Lord of Moersdorff are those of Theodore de Kerpen, dating from the 13th century. His arms showed a red zig-zagged bar in silver. These are reproduced in the upper part of the arms.
The trefoils are taken from the 17th arms of Jean Pletschette, in the colours of the arms of the Savelborn family. Both families were of great local importance.

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature : Loutsch, J-C. et al.; Armorial communal du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg, Fisch, Luxembourg, 1989, 331 p.