Country : Belgium
The arms were officially granted on March 12, 1963 and again on March 1, 1993.
The arms are those of the Limnander family, the last Lords of Oostrozebeke-Nieuwenhove in the late 18th century. They acquired the Estate in 1727, but were not Lords of the actual village and parish of Oostrozebeke, which was a possession of the Barons of Ingelmunster. The village thus used until the late 18th century a seal with the arms of the Plotho family, at that time Baorns of Ingelmunster.
As the present municipality comprises the village ánd the estate of the late 18th century, and the estate formed the largest part thereof, the arms of the Limnander family were chosen as municipal arms. Also, the Plotho arms are already used by the Ingelmunster municipality and Oostrozebeke could thus not use those arms as well.
The arms on a police badge (source)
Literature: Servais, 1968
Belgium heraldry portal
This page is part of the Belgium heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Contact and Support
Your logo here ?
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site