From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Baden-Württemberg
District (Kreis) : Karlsruhe (until 1973 Bruchsal)
Additions : 1973 Huttenheim, Rheinsheim

Wappen von Philippsburg/Arms (crest) of Philippsburg
Official blazon
German In durch einen silbernen Faden gespaltenem blauen Schild vorne ein durchgehendes, geschliffenes silbernes Kreuz, hinten eine silberne Lilie.
English blazon wanted


In 1338 the village of Udenheim received city rights. In 1632 Udenheim was renamed Philippsburg. The city was a possession of the Prince-Bishops of Speyer from 1371-1718. The oldest seal of the city dates from 1386 and shows already the cross of Speyer in combination with a fleur-de-lis. The latter may either have been derived from the arms of Bishop Lambert von Born (1364-1371), or may be the symbol for St. Mary, the patron saint of Speyer. The colours are the colours of Speyer.

All later seals and images show the same arms. Only since 1973 a small silver division line has been adopted by the municipality.

Seals of Philippsburg:

Image gallery

Other use of the arms:

Image gallery

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes; John et al., 1990