From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Saarland
District (Kreis) : Saarbrücken
Additions : 1974 Fischbach-Camphausen, Göttelborn

Wappen von Quierschied/Arms (crest) of Quierschied
Official blazon
German blazon wanted
English blazon wanted


The arms were officially granted on October 7, 1977.

The main design is taken from the old arms of Quierscheid (see below). The wheel is a wheel to haul peolple and coal from the coal mines, which were of great importance for the municipality. The black cross is taken from the old arms of the Lords von Saarbrücken, who owned some possessions in the village in medieval times.
The lighting rods in the new arms symbolise the Weiher III power station in the municipality. The wavy base symbolises the Fischbach river.

The old arms were granted on June 20, 1953.


These arms show on the cross two glass-blowers pipes, symbolising the glass factory that operated in the village between 1779 and 1914.

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature: Lehne and Kohler, 1981