From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Province : Quebec

Arms (crest) of Saint-Flavien

Official blazon

Arms : Per chevron tapissé of wheat Or and Argent semé de flames Azure, a chevron its apex terminating in a cross Argent


The arms were officially granted on July 15, 2005.

The chevron and the gold, white and blue colours are taken from the coat of arms used by Monseigneur Pierre-Flavien Turgeon (1787-1867), the fourth Archbishop of Quebec, after whom Saint-Flavien was named. The cross (“croix” in French) at the chevron's summit recalls the original territories of Saint-Flavien, Sainte-Croix de Lotbinière, and the parish of Saint-Flavien-de-Sainte-Croix, created in 1845. The upper part of the shield clearly shows the importance of agriculture in the history of Saint-Flavien. The diagonal orientation of the ears of wheat allude to the plots of land arranged diagonally to the river. The lower part of the shield represents the natural gas reservoir at Saint-Flavien, a fundamental characteristic of the city's present and future identity. Literature : Image from

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site