Sankt Nikolaus

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Saarland
District (Kreis) : Saarbrücken
Amt : Amt Ludweiler-Warndt
Incorporated into: 1974 Grossrosseln

Wappen von Sankt Nikolaus/Arms (crest) of Sankt Nikolaus
Official blazon
German blazon wanted
English blazon wanted


The arms were officially granted on March 19, 1970.

The lion is taken from the arms of the Counts of Saarbrücken who founded the local chapel of St. Nichoals. In 1270 Count Johann von Saarbrücken-Commercy confirmed the rights of the chapel. In 1349 the chapel became a possession of the St. Nabor Abbey, which is symbolised by the crosier. The three balls are the symbol of St. Nicholas. The two bricks are taken from the arms of Countess Eleonore von Nassau-Saarbrücken, who re-founded the village in the 17th century.

Literature: Heyen und Zimmer, 1966

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site