Scherpenheuvel

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

SCHERPENHEUVEL

Province : Vlaams-Brabant
Incorporated into : 1976 Scherpenheuvel-Zichem

Wapen van Scherpenheuvel/Coat of arms (crest) of Scherpenheuvel
Official blazon
English blazon wanted

Origin/meaning

The arms were granted on April 11, 1843.
Tthe complete arms show St. Mary as supporter standing behind the shield and in front of a tree.

The arms show the three chevrons derived from the arms of the Lords of Zichem, as the village historically belonged to Zichem. Why the colours were changed in 1843 is not known.

The oldest use of arms for Scherpenheuvel dates from 1660, and were shown on a map. The arms showed only the patron saint, St. Mary. On the only known seal of the village, dating from the late 18th century the composition of the above arms was seen.

Wapen van/Blason de Scherpenheuvel

Het wapen in de Koffie Hag albums +/- 1930

Literature: Servais, 1955


Belgium heraldry portal



This page is part of the
Belgium.jpg
Belgium heraldry portal


Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World

Civic heraldry:



  • Total pages in the Belgium section : 6,273
  • of which images : 5,062

Other heraldry:


Contact and Support

Partners:

Your logo here ?
Contact us



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site