- (1818) Van goud, beladen met een keper van lazuur, omboord mede van lazuur, waarop acht lelien van goud.
- (1846) D'or, au chevron prismatique d'azur, à la bordure de même, chargée de huit fleurs de lys du champ, appointdes en cœur.
The arms were officially granted on September 2, 1818 and confirme don October 29, 1846.
The arms are based on those of the Baronny of Schorisse, to which the village historically belonged. The arms were first used by the Gavere family in the late 13th century. The estate and baronny of Schorisse was a possession of the family until 1503.
In 1818 the arms were granted in the Dutch national colours, as in 1813 the mayor applied without indicating the colours. The arms were thus granted in the national colours. See also Sint-Maria-Horebeke.
The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
Literature: Servais, 1955
Belgium heraldry portal
This page is part of the Belgium heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Contact and Support
Your logo here ?
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site