South Tipperary

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Heraldry of the World
Irish heraldry portal
Civic heraldry of Ireland
Araltais in Éirinn

COUNTY SOUTH TIPPERARRY (Tipperary - South Riding)

Created in 1898 from and re-incorporated in 2014 into County Tipperary

Arms (crest) of South Tipperary
Official blazon
English blazon wanted


The arms were officially granted on July 10, 1990.

The arms are taken from the centre piece of the Chain of Office for the Chairman of Tipperary (South Riding) County Council.

It is based on the arms for County Tipperary and shows the arms of the Butler family, Earls of Ormonde. The crest depicts the lion over the doorway of Cormac's Chapel in Cashel. The base is taken from the Clonmel arms and represents the River Suir.

The motto "Vallis Aurea Suriensis" means Golden Vale of the Suir.

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature : Image and information provided by Laurence Jones.