Steinsel (Luxembourg)

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Heraldry of the World
Luxembourg heraldry portal
Héraldique de Luxembourg
Luxemburgische Wappen


Armoiries de Steinsel (Luxembourg)
Official blazon
English blazon wanted


The arms were granted on July 15, 1983.

Before the Napoleonic time, Steinsel and Mullendorf formed a community, owned by the Grand-Dukes of Luxembourg and ruled by a cartaker appointed by the Dukes. The arms of such servants (prévost) were the lion of Luxembourg, with two castles, on either side of the lion one. The upper part of the arms show such a castle. In the gate of the castl ethere is a water-mill wheel, which is a canting symbol for Mullendorf (from Mühlendorf, or mill-village).

The village Heinsdorf was first mentioned as a separate entity in 1314, with Henri de Stein mentioned as first Lord of Heisdorf. His arms are shown in the lower part of the arms.

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature : Loutsch, J-C. et al.; Armorial communal du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg, Fisch, Luxembourg, 1989, 331 p.