Ternat (Vlaams-Brabant)

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TERNAT

Province : Vlaams-Brabant
Additions : 1977 Sint-Katharina-Lombeek, Wambeek

Wapen van Ternat (Vlaams-Brabant)/Coat of arms (crest) of Ternat (Vlaams-Brabant)

Official blazon

  • (1819) (none available)
  • (1840) Een blaeuw veld met het gulden beeld van Ste Gertrudis.
  • (1985) In lazuur, bezaaid met blokjes van goud, een keper van hetzelfde. Het schild geplaatst voor een Sint-Gertrudis van goud.

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially granted on September 28, 1819 and in different colours on January 30, 1840. The current arms were granted on May 7, 1985.

Ternat was founded as a village from the Nijvel Abbey and was for centuries a possession of the Abbey. The old arms of Ternat thus show the image of St. Gertrudis of Nijvel, patron saint of the abbey and the village. In 1840 the colours were changed.

The new arms show the shield of Sint-Katharina-Lombeek with the patron saint, St. Gerdtrude, from the old arms.

Ternat1.jpg

The arms from 1819
Ternat.jpg

The arms from 1840
Wapen van/Blason de Ternat (Vlaams-Brabant)

The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930


Literature: Servais, 1955


Belgium heraldry portal



This page is part of the
Belgium.jpg
Belgium heraldry portal


Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World

Civic heraldry:



  • Total pages in the Belgium section : 6,273
  • of which images : 5,062

Other heraldry:


Contact and Support

Partners:

Your logo here ?
Contact us



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site