Ermatingen: Difference between revisions

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (Text replacement - "{{ch}}↵" to "")
m (Text replacement - "{{ch1}}" to "{{ch}}")
Line 20: Line 20:




{{ch1}}
{{ch}}
{{media1}}
{{media1}}



Revision as of 06:25, 2 August 2023

ERMATINGEN

Canton : Thurgau
Additions : 1975 Triboltingen

Wappen von Ermatingen/Arms (crest) of Ermatingen

Official blazon

In schwarz ein weißer Rüde mit gelbem Halsband und gelber Zunge.

Origin/meaning

The arms show a dog, which can already be seen on a glass-stained window dating from 1596. The meaning of the dog is not known. The municipality adopted the arms in 1948 as the official municipal arms.

The actual meaning of the dog is not known, but there is a local legend on the origin. In 1249 the Abbot of Sankt Gallen, who was at the time at war with the Bishop of Konstanz, tried to destroy the possessions of the Bishop around Ermatingen. According to the legend a barking dog warned the villagers for the advancing army and thus a dog was taken as the symbol of the village.

Wappen von/Blason de Ermatingen

The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums 1914-1960



Swiss heraldry portal



This page is part of the
Switzerland.jpg
Swiss heraldry portal


Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World

Swiss civic heraldry:



  • Total pages in the Swiss section : 13,283
  • of which images : 6,865

Other heraldry:

Template:Media1

Literature : Meyer, 1960