From Heraldry of the World
Revision as of 10:18, 28 January 2024 by Knorrepoes (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "Additions :" to "Additions:")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Province : Luxembourg
Additions: 1977 Autelbas, Bonnert, Guirsch, Heinsch, Toernich

Armoiries de Arlon

Official blazon

  • (1818) Van zilve rbeladen met 5 blaauwe dwarsbalken waarover een klimmenede rooden leeuw, het schild gedekt met een gouden kroon.
  • (1841) Burelées, d'argent et d'azur, au lion de gueules à la queue fourchue, couronné d'or, brochant sur le tout, l'écu timbré d'une couronne d'or.


The arms were granted on November 18, 1818 and again on 24 November 1841.

The arms show the arms of the Counts of Luxembourg, as the city was a possession of the counts of Luxembourg since the middle of the 13th century. The oldest seal of Arlon dates from 1311 and shows a lion. Later images have shown the arms of Luxembourg for the city. The city seals in the meantime showed a castle and gate, without any shield or reference to the arms of the city. To distinguish the arms from those of Luxembourg, the colour of the nails was changed from gold to red in the city arms in 1841.

Wapen van/Blason de Arlon

The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930

The arms on a stamp

The arms on a matchbox label

The arms in the city hall (source)
Wapen van/Blason de Arlon

The arms on a police badge (source)

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature: Servais, M. : Armorial des provinces et des communes de Belgique. Liege, 1955, 1041 p