|Heraldry of the World|
|Swiss heraldry portal|
Armorial de Suisse
Canton : Vaud
D'or à la bande de gueles chargée en chef d'une croix tréflée d'argent posée en pal.
The arms were officially adopted in 1925.
The red bend and the gold field are taken from the arms of the Monod family which possessed the fief of Froideville, hamlet in the commune of Ballens. The cross, also known as aSaint-Maurice cross, refers to the patron of the former chapel of the village, already mentioned in 1139, and which was a subsidiary of the parish church of Mollens.
The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums 1914-1960
Literature : Dessemontet, 1972