Canadian Forces Base Petawawa, Canada
|Heraldry of the World|
|Canada heraldry portal|
Civic heraldry of Canada
CANADIAN FORCES BASE PETAWAWA, CANADA
A stag's head couped proper.
A history of this base reveals that the Canadian government purchased the land in 1904 and the first troops arrived for training in 1905. The area was then inhabited by large numbers of deer, consequently the stag's head was selected. The base takes its name from the Petawawa river.
The motto translates as "The soldiers training ground".
Literature: Sent by the Canadian Embassy in Oslo.