Diocese of Georgia
|Heraldry of the World|
|Ecclesiastical heraldry portal|
DIOCESE OF GEORGIA
Azure on a bend engrailled cottised argent between two roses also argent, a boar's head couped in bend gules.
The Boar's head is from the Arms of General James Oglethorpe who bought the Church of England to Georgia. The Bend is from the Arms of the First Bishop of Georgia Rt.Rev. Stephen Elliott (1841-1866). The Roses alludes to the State Flower of Georgia the Cherokee Rose, thier numbers indicates the Episcopal Church Service during both the Union and Confederacy to Georgia.