Diocese of Guildford
|Heraldry of the World|
|Ecclesiastical heraldry portal|
DIOCESE OF GUILDFORD
Gules, to keys conjoined, wards outwards, in bend, the uppermost Or, the other argent, a sword of the third, pommelled and hilted of the second, inter posed between them in bend sinister, all within a bordure azure charged with ten woolpacks also argent.
The arms were officially granted on September 30, 1927.
The arms reflect the derivation of the See from Winchester and consist of the arms of the Diocese of Winchester within a bordure charged with silver woolpacks derived from the arms of the Borough of Guildford.
Literature : McCarthy: Armoria Sedium