Diocese of Manchester
|Heraldry of the World|
|Ecclesiastical heraldry portal|
DIOCESE OF MANCHESTER
Or, on a pale engrailed gules three mitres of the field; a canton of the second, thereon three bendlets enhanced also of the field.
The arms were granted on January 5, 1848.
The Canton shows the Arms of the Grelleys feudal Barons of Manchester and also appear in teh Arms of the City and many Institutions conected to It.
The engrailature of the Pale is also thought to respresent the Grelleys. The Mitres represent the ecclesiastical character of the Arms.