Diocese of Western New York
|Heraldry of the World|
|Ecclesiastical heraldry portal|
DIOCESE OF WESTERN NEW YORK
Gules two swords in saltire proper, on a chief or three fountains
The Swords from the Diocese of New York indicates the origins of the Diocese, which was formed by division of the New York Diocese in 1838. The fountains symbolizes Lakes Eire and Ontario with the Niagara Falls between them.
Literature : Eckford De Kay: Heraldry in the Episcopal Church; Michael Francis McCarthy: Armoria Sedium