|Heraldry of the World|
|Swiss heraldry portal|
Armorial de Suisse
Canton : Bern
The village grew around a monastery, which is represented by the cross. The two sticks symbolise the fact that the village was directly ruled by the bishops of Lausanne. The composition has been used for more than 300 years, but the present composition was adopted in 1932.
Variations of the arms in the Kaffee Hag albums 1914-1960
Literature : Wappenbuch des Kantons Bern, 1981.