|Heraldry of the World |
|Slovak heraldry portal|
Heraldika na Slovensku
Province : Trenčín
District (okres) : Púchov
V červenom štíte obrátená kľačiaca panna v striebornom rúchu, so zeleným vencom na hlave a v rukách s iným zeleným vencom.
The arms were officially granted March 22, 1996.
The arms are based on the legend of Saint Catherine and are based on a document issued to the village by King Matej in 1465.
The arms on the document from 1465 (source)
The oldest known seals of the village date from 1602. Images of these seals can be found until 19th century documents. The seals show a kneeling woman in long clothing. On the right side of the figure in the shield grows a flower and on the left a tree.
Literature : Kartous and Vrteľ