London County Council
|Heraldry of the World |
|British heraldry portal|
Civic heraldry of the United Kingdom
LONDON COUNTY COUNCIL
Incorporated into : 1965 Greater London Council
Arms : Barry wavy of six pieces blue and silver, a silver chief and theron the red cross of St. George charged with a gold lion of England
Crest : A gold mural crown.
The arms were granted on July 29, 1914.
The waver represent the Thames. The cross of St. George is taken from the arms of the city of London. The royal lion is taken as a symbol of the capital of England and the Imperial Government at the time.
|Follow us on
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
|Support the site:
Click on the image to support the site !
|Support the site:|
Download shop with old heraldic books
Literature : Scott-Giles, C.W. : Civic heraldry of England and Wales, London, 1932.