Incorporated into : 1974 East Lindsey
Arms : Sable a Wolf rampant Or on a Chief of the last a Plough turned to the sinister Azure between two Garbs Gules.
Motto: 'DEO ADJUVANTE NON TIMENDUM' - With God's assistance there is nothing to fear
The arms were officially granted on June 18, 1954. Transferred to the Town Council on May 19, 1976.
The golden wolf on a black background was used by the former Borough of Louth, which came into existance in 1836. It is claimed by local historians that it was originally used by Nicholas de Luda in 1351. He was a clerk to Edward II and had a long ecclesiastical career. Luda was the Roman name for Louth. The wheatsheaves and the plough refer to the Town's association with agriculture.