|Heraldry of the World|
|Luxembourg heraldry portal|
Héraldique de Luxembourg
The arms were granted on November 15, 1976.
The upper part of the arms shows the arms of Longwy in France, as the village belonged until 1793 to the Lords of Longwy. The lower part of the arms shows the lion of Nassau, and are a symbol of the railway built by Grand Duke Henri of Luxemburg (of the Nassau dynasty), that brought industry and prosperity to the village.
The bar also represents the railway and the industrial character of the municipality.
Literature : Loutsch, J-C. et al.; Armorial communal du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg, Fisch, Luxembourg, 1989, 331 p.