Incorporated into : 1974 Powys
Arms: Quarterly first and fourth Gules a Lion rampant reguardant Or second and third Argent three Boars' Heads couped Sable all within a Bordure compony of the second and Azure; the Shield ensigned with a Mural Crown Or.
Motto: 'EWCH YN UWCH' - Higher and higher.
The arms were officially granted on November 21, 1950.
The arms are made up of charges from local families. The gold reguardant lion on red is for Elystan Glodrhydd, Prince of Wales c AD 1000. The black boars' heads on white are for his son Cadwgan. Around these is a gold and blue compony bordure from the arms of the Mortimers, Earls of March.
The motto EWCH YN UWCH means Higher and Higher.
The arms were continued in 1974 by the Radnorshire District Council
Literature : Image and information provided by Laurence Jones.