|Heraldry of the World |
|Lithuanian heraldry portal|
The arms were officially granted on July 1, 2005.
The "kurenas" is a traditional sailboat of fishermen of Curonian lagoon. Since 1844 every boat had to use a weathervane with sign of the village. On Rusne island there are Pakalne, which used a white rectangle with red pile, and Vorusne shich used a divided per pale rectangle red with white reversed pile and a white with red pile. Rusnė town was formed by merger of those villages. So in the arms of Rusne the kurenas refers to the traditions of the iland, and the chief combines thes signs of the Pakalne and Vorusne villages.
Literature : Rimsa, 2004