Incorporated into : 1974 Stratford-on-Avon
Or, a chevron azure between three leopard's faces gules.
The arms were recorded at the Visitations of 1619 and 1682, and officially certified on June 4, 1958.
The chevron symbolises the River Avon and the three red leopard heads are taken from the Royal Coat of Arms. They stand for Richard the Lionheart who gave the original charter in 1196.
The arms as used on a JaJa postcard +/- 1905 (wrong colours)
The arms in the Coffee Hag albums +/- 1925
The arms on a Thomson and Porteous cigarette card, 1905
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Biggs, 1971