|Heraldry of the World |
|Lithuanian heraldry portal|
County : Tauragė
Tauragė received city rights in 1932, and its first arms were designed in 1969.
The arms showed a hunting horn, made of a horn of a wild ox, being a canting element (tauras means wild ox), as well as a symbol for the many battles in the area. It was abolished in 1970.
The arms were slightly changed and officially restored on March 3, 1997.
Literature : Rimsa, 1998