From Heraldry of the World
Revision as of 06:28, 20 February 2024 by Knorrepoes (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "{{fi}}↵↵↵'''" to "'''")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Region : Varsinais-Suomi
Former province : Länsi-Suomi (until 1997 Turku and Pori)
Additions : 1969 Uudenkaupungin maalaiskunta; 1974 Pyhämaa; 1981 Lokalahti; 1993 Kalanti

Uusikaupunki Kuntavaakuna / Kommunvapen

Official blazon

Hopeakentässä pystyssä selätysten kaksi sinistä haukea.


The arms were officially granted on January 4, 1960.

The arms show tow pikes, symbol for a fishing town.

The city was founded in 1617 by King Gustav II and already the oldest seal, dating from the same year, shows the two pikes.


In the 19th century B. Kene proposed to change the arms by adding the provincial arms in the upper right corner. This proposal was not accepted.


Until 1960 the arms were shown with the pikes in natural colours, but in 1960 were changed to blue only. Currently the city uses a crown, which is not officially mentioned in the description.

Arms of Uusikaupunki

The arms from 1892

The arms with the crown as currently used
Arms of Uusikaupunki

The arms on a road sign
Arms of Uusikaupunki

The arms on a manhole cover

Literature: Pirinen, 1982

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site; http://www.heraldicum.ru; Iltainen, 2013