Ústí nad Labem
Country : Czechia
Province : Ústecký Kraj
District (Okres) :
Ústí nad Labem was the royal city and thus shows the Royal Bohemian lion.
The arms of the city were granted two times. Both granting documents are still in the town archives. The first arms were granted on June 19, 1457. by the King Ladislav and showed the white double-tailed lion on the green shield. The lion had the chain-armour on his breast and the helmet with the crest: white barge with the paddle on its stern.
The second arms (still used) were granted on February 12, 1476 by the King Vladislav II. On the now red shield a white double-tailed lion with chain-armour and the Royal crest (golden wings) on the helmet.
The arms in the Wappen-Sammlung (+/- 1910)
The arms in the Abadie albums
The arms in the Coffee Hag album +/- 1935
The arms in the Redua album
The arms on a matchbox label
Literature: Augustin, 1997
Czech heraldry portal
This page is part of the Czech heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Other Czech heraldry:
Contact and Support
Your logo here ?
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site