From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Saarland
District (Kreis) : Saarbrücken
Amt : Amt Kleinblittersdorf (until 1974)
Incorporated into: 1974 Kleinblittersdorf

Wappen von Auersmacher/Arms (crest) of Auersmacher
Official blazon
German blazon wanted
English blazon wanted


The arms were officially granted on August 30, 1965.

The arms show the eagle of the Duchy of Lorraine in the right half, as the village belonged to Lorraine from 1259-1766. The left half shows a wall, which is taken from the oldest reference to the village in a manuscript from 777. It is mentioned as Auricas Macheras, in which Macheras means wall. The two wooden structures on the wall refer to the typical building style and the two villages in the municipality. The division line symbolises the Saar and Blies rivers in the municipality.

Literature: Heyen und Zimmer, 1966

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site