Frickenhausen am Main

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Bayern
District (Kreis) : Würzburg (until 1973 Ochsenfurt)
Verwaltungsgemeinschaft : Eibelstadt

Wappen von Frickenhausen am Main/Arms (crest) of Frickenhausen am Main
Official blazon
German blazon wanted
English blazon wanted


The arms were officially granted on ??-??-1956

The town was in the 14th century fortified by the Bishops of Würzburg, who gave it in loan to the caretakers of the Würzburg cathedral (Domkapittel) in 1406. The oldest seals date from the 16th century (1537) and already show the grapes and the crosier. The crosier disappeared in the 19th century, but was re-introduced when the arms were granted in 1956. The crosier is the symbol for the Bishops, the grapes symbolise the importance of viticulture in the area.

Siegel von Frickenhausen am Main

The municipal stamp shown in 1892

Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site