From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Federal subject : Samara Oblast
District : Volzhsky

Arms (crest) of Kurumoch

Official blazon

В серебряном поле на лазоревой узкой выгнутой оконечности, обремененной малым золотым холмом - два выходящих по сторонам зелёных склона; и на холме, поверх всего - червлёная башня с серебряными часами, последний ярус которой, более узкий, окружен обходной террасой с перилами и имеет кровлю со шпилем.


The arms were officially granted on September 17, 2015.

The village of Kurumoch was founded in 1738 in connection with the resettlement of baptized Kalmyks to the Trans-Volga steppes by order of the outstanding statesman and historian Vasily Nikitich Tatishchev and was originally called Epiphany Sloboda.

The arms show the Volga river and the Zhiguli maountains behind the local clock tower, a typical landmark of the village.

Arms of Kurumoch
Arms of Kurumoch

Both designs above were used for the town in the 1990s-2000s, but have never been approved.

Literature : Image from www.heraldicum.ru

Russia heraldry portal

This page is part of the
Russia heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

Civic heraldry:

  • Total pages in the Russia section : 6,827
  • of which images : 3,793

Other heraldry:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site