- (1846) D'or à la fasce d'azur, au sautoir de gueules, brochant sur le tout.
- (1981) In goud een dwarsbalk van lazuur, met twee gekruiste schuinstaken van keel over alles heen.
The arms were granted on December 20, 1846 and again on December 1, 1981.
The arms are identical to the arms of the Lords of Grimbergen, an important Flemish noble family, who originated from the Grimbergen castle. The local council used the arms already on its seals known from the 13th century. All later seals and images also show the same arms. See also Londerzeel.
In 1846 the arms are blazoned with a saltire, instead of a two small 'stakes' as in the family arms. This was corrected in 1981.
The arms from 1846
The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
The arms on a police badge (source)
Literature: Servais, 1955
Belgium heraldry portal
This page is part of the Belgium heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Contact and Support
- Your logo here ? Contact us !
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site