From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Province : Hainaut
Incorporated into : 1977 Mons

Armoiries de Mesvin

Official blazon

parti, au premier de sinople `la croix d'argent, au second, d'or à trois chevrons de sable.


The arms were granted on December 27, 1910.

The arms show the arms of the joined St. Waudru Convent and St. Vincent Abbey, two of the most influential abbeys in Hainaut. The arms itself combine the cross of the Lothier family, with the oldest arms of the Counts of Hainaut. The village of Mesvin became a possession of the St. Vincent Abbey in the 10th century and the abbey remained in possession of the estate until 1793.

Wapen van/Blason de Mesvin

The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930

Literature: Servais, 1955

Belgium heraldry portal

This page is part of the
Belgium heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

Civic heraldry:

  • Total pages in the Belgium section : 4,852
  • of which images : 3,616

Other heraldry:

Contact and Support


© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site